200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training
THE ROSEWELL CENTRE | GRANTHAM | SOUTH LINCOLNSHIRE
ACCREDITED WITH YOGA ALLIANCE AND THE INDEPENDENT YOGA NETWORK
Become a Yoga Teacher
The Active Balance Yoga Teacher Training programme is open to anyone who wants to become a yoga teacher or who simply wants to advance their theoretical and practical skills as a yoga practitioner.
Successful candidates will receive two qualifications:
1. Yoga Teacher Diploma
2. Meditation Teacher Certificate
What does the Yoga Teacher Training Programme cover?
The Active Balance Yoga Teacher Training programme covers in detail, specific theoretical knowledge and practical skills:
Practical skills include:
• An extensive range of yoga poses (asanas)
• Specific breathing techniques (pranayama)
• Mudras (a posture that channels energy into particular chakras (plexus) and in turn affects the organs to which it is connected) and bandha (lock, involving contraction of the muscles and organs causing energy to accumulate at a particular plexus)
• Concentration and meditation techniques (dharana and dhyana)
All techniques will be studied in detail and from a balanced perspective in terms of a modern understanding of, but not limited to, anatomical alignment, indications, contraindications, preparatory poses, contraindication, follow up poses and modifications as well as the age-old values of an authentic yoga lifestyle.
Theoretical skills include:
• The anatomy of yoga – applied elements of anatomy and physiology
• The energetic anatomy – in-depth exploration of the chakras and the nadis (power lines), their influence on our wellbeing and as tools for personal development
• Yoga philosophy and how it applies to our practice and daily life
• A good understanding of Sanskrit terminology
• The art and science of teaching yoga classes
• The business of yoga: training, membership to professional bodies, insurance, licencing, current relevant legislation, marketing, professional boundaries, ethics of teaching yoga and more.
The Active Balance Yoga Teacher Training programme will focus on Integral yoga as a style; bringing together Hatha Yoga, Principles of Vinyasa, as well as Swara Yoga, Laya Yoga, Yantra Yoga, Karma Yoga and Raja Yoga.
Take the next steps on your yoga teacher journey
The yoga teacher training programme will support you to achieve your potential as a yoga teacher, or deepen your knowledge and practice as an advanced yoga practitioner. You will gain teaching experience and learn how to confidently guide students safely through their yoga practice.
Interest-free payment plans are available with discounts for early bird payment in full.
Enrol on the Yoga Teacher Training programme in three easy steps:
1. To begin your yoga teacher journey with us, BOOK ONLINE or CONTACT us.
2. If accepted onto the programme, you will need to reserve your place by paying a deposit.
3. Your remaining balance can be paid in full, before the start of the programme, or in instalments over an eleven month period, interest-free. You can find more information in PAYMENT OPTIONS.
Successful completion of this course will offer two certificates:
200Hr Yoga Teacher Diploma, accredited with Yoga Alliance and the Independent Yoga Network (IYN)
Meditation Teacher Certificate accredited with the Complementary Medical Association (CMA) and registered as a post-graduate diploma with IYN.
During the programme, you will be able to gain public liability insurance and register as a Yoga Teacher Student with the Independent Yoga Network from the fifth weekend of the programme. After the successful completion of the programme, you can teach yoga and meditation, for example, to the general public, on a one-to-one basis or in corporate / workplace settings.
200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training
Dates and Schedule
The 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training programme covers a period of 11 weekends, one weekend per month.
Saturdays 10:30am - 7:30pm
Sundays 9:00am - 6:00pm
10th - 11th September 2022
8th - 9th October 2022
12th - 13th November 2022
10th - 11th December 2022
14th - 15th January 2023
11th - 12th February 2023
11th - 12th March 2023
15th - 16th April 2023
13th - 14th May 2023
10th- 11th June 2023
8th - 9th July 2023
The 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training programme costs £2,850.
You can secure your place on the programme with a non-refundable deposit of £600.
Early payment in full
If you pay the entire balance before the programme begins, you qualify for a £200 discount. You only pay £2,650 if you pay before you start.
Pay by instalments
You can secure your place with a non-refundable deposit and pay the rest of your balance in monthly instalments - £210 on 1st September 2022 and £204 on 1st of each subsequent month that the course runs (a total of £2250 instalments + £600 deposit = £2,850).
Payment plans can be agreed on an individual basis and are dependent on personal circumstances. To ensure your monthly instalments are affordable please CONTACT us.
If you leave the programme for any reason, or don’t take up your place, then anything you’ve paid is non-refundable.
In exceptional circumstances, we can sometimes carry your payments over to a future programme. CONTACT us for further information.
To qualify, you must pass all written assessments and teaching assessments, attend all sessions (apart from agreed, pre-planned absences) and finish paying for the programme in full. The Yoga Teacher Diploma and Meditation Certificate will be issued to successful graduates at the end of the programme.
If you are a qualified yoga teacher, and you wish to complete the 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training to further your knowledge of yoga and your skills as a yoga teacher, you are entitled to claim a £200 discount (T&Cs apply). CONTACT us for more information.